Women’s Empowerment & Political Participation project in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (WEPP-KP) with the financial support of Global Affairs Canada (GAC) organized a two days training workshop from 19-20 November 2020 at Ramada Hotel in Islamabad. The participants of the said training included officials of the Social Welfare Department (SWD), the KP Commission on Status of Women (KPCSW), and the Planning and Development (P&D) department. There was a total of 15 participants for the training. Out of these, there were 9 female and 6 male participants in the training.
The main objectives of the training were:
- To enhance understanding about the basic gender terminology, gender and development, and a comparison of gender facts and figures across developing and developed countries.
- To contextualize the gender roles and responsibilities, equality and equity including social status in KP culture;
- To provide knowledge and skills of evidence-based research and the indicators of gender responsiveness.
- To make the participants learn about the qualitative and quantitative research designs to study the women political participation and the participation of women in the decision-making processes.
- To make the participants better understand the rationale and procedure involved in the research project evaluation.
- To sensitize the participants about the gender-inclusive standard operating procedures (SOPs) for field research in the case of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.